5 Ways to Make Your Natural Hair Products Last Longer



1BlessedNatural: 5 Ways to Make Your Natural Hair Products Last Longer


One of the many misconceptions about having natural hair is you have to spend a lot of money on products, but the truth is you really do not have to do so. I have learned several ways of making my natural hair products stretch or last longer. Here are 5 tips that work for me:

1. Add water: If you have products like shampoos, moisturizers, and leave-in conditioners that are very rich or concentrated, you can try adding some water to them to make them stretch. Stir or shake them up. You can also try using water in place of a store bought moisturizer.

2. Add oil: You can also add oil to your water-based moisturizers and leave-in conditioners. This way, you can moisturize and seal all in one application. Before you mix an essential oil with any moisturizer, I would suggest testing the two products on a small portion of hair in the back of your head. Sometimes, natural hair products may not mix well with oil and can result in flakes.

3. Use water and oil: I've started using water and coconut oil to moisturize and seal my hair at night. I use Cantu Creamy Hair Lotion and coconut oil on on my hair during the day. This helps me cut down on using my store bought product and keep more of my money in my pocket.




4. Mix them together: In the last 2 or 3 months, I've started mixing my leave-in conditioner, moisturizer, and oil in one container. This method enables me to control the amount of each product I use. It also cuts down on the amount of time I spend on my hair each day.

5. Make Your Own Products: There are many naturals, including myself who chose to buy their own ingredients like raw shea butter, essential oils, etc. and mix them together to make their own products. This also helps you to save money, because you can buy your ingredients at a low cost and you can create just enough of the product for your specific needs.

As you can see, natural hair does not have to be expensive. If you apply these tips to your products, they will last longer. You can save more of your money.

Which method(s) are you going to try?

Don't forget to ENTER to WIN a book bag full of school supplies in the 1BlessedNatural Back to School Giveaway! 

 
Related Articles: Natural Hair Misconception: It's Too Much Work 
                            Pleasant Smelling Shea Butter Recipe





Comments