Update on Seborrheic Dermatitis: Generic Brand for Derma-Smoothe/ FS





"Update on Seborrheic Dermatitis: Derma-Smoothe/FS"

*Correction 7/23/2014- The product that I tried was Fluocinolone Acetonide Topical Oil which is the generic version of Derma-Smoothe F/S.

Happy Wednesday, my blessed naturals!
Back in December of last year, I made you all aware that I was battling Seborrheic Dermatitis. Seborrheic Dermatitis is a chronic scalp condition where your scalp produces a large amount of natural oil (sebum). As a result, big wax-like flakes or dandruff form. It can cause your scalp to be red and itchy. I've tried several natural remedies including Tea-Tree Oil, Tea-Tree Oil shampoos, oils, and regular honey. My doctor prescribed Derma-Smooth/FS Fluocinolone Acetonide Topical Oil along with a shampoo and foam.

This weekend, I finally got a chance to try the Derma-Smooth/FS Scalp Oil Fluocinolone Acetonide Topical Oil . I applied a thin layer to my scalp, and then put on a plastic cap. I left the oil on my scalp for a little more than 4 hours. Afterwards, I washed my hair twice with a shampoo. I was sure to slightly use my nails to gently scrub the scales off my scalp. Thank God, the product worked for me! My scalp hasn't been itching as much. It was also clearer then it has been after a wash. 

Because Derma-Smoothe/FS Fluocinolone Acetonide Topical Oil is a corticosteroid (more info), it can cause unwanted side effects. If you are curious about this product, I would urge you to talk to your doctor. I would like to find natural alternatives to treat Seborrheic Dermatitis. I've been researching the idea of using raw honey to treat it. Of course, I will give you all an update when I try it!

Have you tried Derma-Smoothe/FS generic brand?



Related Articles: Seborrheic Dermatitis and Natural Hair
                            Update: Battling Seborrheic Dermatitis and Protein Overload


Get your 1BlessedNatural t-shirt!



Comments