Poetic Justice Inspired Braids


Poetic Justice inspired braids


Happy Tuesday, my blessed naturals!
This weekend, I removed my first set of braids, then I washed, deep conditioned, moisturized, and sealed my hair. Afterwards, I installed a set of large, box braids extensions inspired by Janet Jackson's look in the movie Poetic Justice. The style was completed in about 8 hours. Because the braids were large, I could have completed them sooner, but I took breaks in between. I used 5 1/2 packs of the Urban Beauty Kanekalon hair.  The one thing I will do differently next time is to make the parts a tad bit smaller I grabbed too much of my hair for some of the braids, so you can see my hair fuzzing up through the braids. In all, I'm happy with the installation. I plan to keep the braids in for 2-4 more weeks, depending on the life of the style. Thank God for protective styling! LOL


natural hair: my hair after removing my first set of braid extensions





movie poster: Janet Jackson in Poetic Justice (photo courtesy of the official Janet Jackson Facebook page)






side view of Poetice Justice inspired braids



back view of box braids




box braids in bun




Similar item from Amazon used for this style:






Who else is rocking extensions for the summer? 

Don't forget to ENTER to WIN in the MADDAfricanJewelry Giveaway!





Related Articles: My First Time Doing My Own Single Braid Extensions
                            Single Braids: Double Twisted Bun
                            Protective Styling/ First Salon Experience: Knotted Micro Braids
                            Removed Micro Braids


Get your 1BlessedNatural t-shirt!




Comments