Product Review: Aunt Jackie's "Curl La La" Defining Curl Custard






Happy Monday my blessed naturals!
This past week, I ran out of my protein-free leave in conditioner/ moisturizer. But,I received free samples of the Curl  la la by Aunt Jackie's Curls and Coils in the nick of time. This was the best news, especially because I read on CurlMart that the product was protein-free. I'd previously seen the Curl la la Defining Curl Custard in Family Dollar and thought it would be interesting to try it.

Product: Aunt Jackie's Curls and Coils: Curl la la Defining Curl Custard

Place: Family Dollar, Deals, online stores

Price: $5.00 and up

Claims: Sulfate-Free/ Paraben-Free/ Mineral Oil/No Petrolatum

Say GOODBYE to frizz, unruly curls and lifeless coils. Define, shape and control curls, waves, coils and braid-outs, while adding moisture, shine and natural conditioning.

Kiss frizzy, hard-to-tame hair good-bye. The mega-moisture humectants in Curl La La give long-lasting bounce to curls, and shine & definition to spirals and coils. Define your signature look by adding a little or a lot. Whatever your style, rest assured that it will be well-moisturized and soft to the touch, without caking or flaking. use as often as needed on wet or dry hair. 

Ingredients: Aqua (Water) Propylene Glycol, PP-G 1 Trideceth-6, Butyrospermum, Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Cetyl Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Acrylamidopropyitrimonium, Chloride/Acrylamide, Copolymer, Stearalkonum Chloride, d-Limonene, Hexyl cinnamic aldehyde, Linalool, Amyl cinnamic aldehyde, Lilal, Benzyl alcohol, - choro - 2 - methyl -4-isothiazolin-3- one, Hydroolyzed Quinoa, CI 17200  (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue I)


Consistency: light, creamy (lavender color)
Fragrance: pleasant, fruity, tropical smell

Twists with Aunt Jackie's Curl la la

I used this product on wet and dry hair. After washing and deep conditioning my hair, I applied the Curl la la Defining Curl Custard to my hair, sealed (with an oil) and twisted it. My twists were elongated and soft. The next morning, I applied the product to my twist-out after removing my twists. Then, I sealed my hair with an oil. My hair was still soft and moisturized. I use the Curl la la as a daily moisturizer. It works really well for me on wet hair. I can't wait to try the product when my hair has recovered from protein overload.


after taking my twists out using Curl la la


I really love the Curl la la Defining Curl Custard because it is protein-free and water-based. My curls were more defined, even with protein overload. Also, a little goes a long way... You don't need a lot to see a difference in your hair. The product is reasonably priced. I have been using the Curl la la all week but my hair doesn't feel like it has product build-up on it. That's definitely a good thing.

Grade: A-

 


Have you tried Aunt Jackie's Curl la la Defining Curl Custard?

Related Articles: Update: Battling Seborrheic Dermatitis and Protein Overload


                                                         

Comments