My Experience Recovering from Protein Overload

Recovering from protein-overload - after my wash and deep condition

Hey my blessed naturals!
Yesterday, I washed my hair with the Come Clean shampoo by Kinky-Curly Knot Today to clarify  my hair.  I spent a little over $12.00 for a bottle at my local beauty supply store. I love this shampoo because you do not need to use a lot to lather up. A little goes a long way! My curls started to come back a little after using the shampooing.I deep conditioned my hair with the Almond and Shea Butter with conditioner by Suave. I chose the Suave conditioner because it doesn't have protein in it. After applying the conditioner, I put a conditioning cap on and sat under the heating cap for 20-30 mins. Then I left the conditioning cap on my hair for an additional 3 hours just to get the moisture back into my strands. Some people suggested doing an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse after rinsing the conditioner out. I'm going to do more research on it. It might try it next wash.

 Afterwards, I applied the Roots of Nature, Green Tea and Shea Butter Triple Repair Dress and Coconut Oil. Some people apply a leave-in conditioner, but I did not. I read a few online message boards where people said that Coconut Oil was a protein. When I Googled the nutrition facts for Coconut Oil, I found that it was not a protein. You can see my results here. My hair was two strand twisted and allowed to air dry. After it was about 80% dry, I cornrowed the front of my hair and left the back in twists. I will probably bun and keep the back in a buff. I plan to moisturize my hair twice a day with water and oil. Some people suggest baggying your hair a few days out of the week. I will just be moisturizing it and keeping my hands out of it.
 
I have got to say that this is probably one of the weirdest experiences since I've gone natural, lol. It's almost like I went to sleep, woke up, and my hair was a different texture. This definitely takes a lot of patience and prayer to get your hair back on track (smile) I will, of course be keeping you all updated on my progress!

What are some tips that helped you overcome protein overload?

                          Natural Hair and Too Much Protein 
                          Indication of Product Build-Up 


Comments