Product Review: Aloe Vera Gel by Fruit of the Earth


Product: Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel

Place: local beauty supply store, Pathmark 

Price: $1.99

Size: 2 OZ 

Ingredients:  Aloe Vera Gel, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea

Consistency: clear gel

Fragrance: It has a light Aloe Vera smell

I've heard so many things about Aloe Vera gel being great for natural hair. I finally decided to try it on my mini twist, pin curl out. The Aloe Vera gel  made my hair very  soft and moisturized. The gel has a moisturizing feel to it. If you put a drop on your hand and rub it in, you can feel a bit of the moisture even after the product has dried. One of the best things about this product is that it does not contain any alcohol, which can dry out your hair. The pictures below were taken after I applied the Aloe Vera gel to my hair.


After I applied the Aloe Vera gel to my hair, I two strand twisted and pin curled my hair. In the morning, my curls had a light, but non-crunchy hold. My hair was still very soft. It's safe to say that Aloe Vera gel is my new best friend, lol. I apply it to the ends of my twists along with Coconut Oil, every night and morning. I will try mixing it into my homemade protein treatments.


Grade: A+


Have you tried Aloe Vera gel?

Related Articles:  Medium Two-Strand Twist, Pin Curl Out Results
                           Natural Product Review: ECO Styler Olive Oil Gel


Comments