Damaged Hair? Don't Panic.


Happy Tuesday everyone,
This week, I realized my hair was damaged and breaking off. I couldn't tell if it was just my ends or the middle of my strands. Don't panic, 1BlessedNatural! LOL. When I looked at my ends, I noticed I had a lot of straight hairs. I remembered the the recent changes in my hair regimen. My straight ends came from my hair being pulled too much, during the washing and detangling process. I have been shampooing my hair every 1-2 weeks to prevent my scalp from being scaly. If you've been following my blog, then you know that I usually cleanse my hair with my  Castile soap mixture, instead of shampoo. Because of the increase in the number of times I shampoo my hair, I have been styling and detangling my hair more than usual= too much manipulation. Plus, I've been using a dandruff shampoo, and they can really dry your hair out.

Sunday, I washed my hair with my Castile mixture and then, I deep conditioned it. I two strand twisted my hair and put it into two ponytails. I pulled one twist down and clipped the damaged from my hair. I continued this until every twist was clipped. They were about 1/2 inch or less. My last trim was in July of this year. The amount of time in between the trims are not bad, but I can usually go longer without one. I will be doing more twists and other protective styles to give my hair a break. I have increased the amount of Tea Tree Oil in the Castile Soap to combat my dry scalp. Hair struggles! (Smile) The journey continues...

My hair goal for the rest of 2013 is to maintain healthy hair. 
What is your hair goal(s) the remainder of 2013?

Related Articles: Current Trim Regimen: In Twists
                        Hair Update: Mini Twist, Protective Style



Comments