1BlessedNatural Fridays: 1980s Photo of Senegalese Twists

1980s photo of Senegalese Twists (Photo courtesy of  Flickr- John Atherton (gbaku) under the



Happy Friday everyone!
Today I am sharing 1980s photo of a woman wearing Senegalese twists adorned with beads. I love the neatness of her twists. Her hair appears to be cornrowed into two ponytails and then twisted . I like this style, but I think I will try it when my hair gets longer. It would be a cute and excellent protective style. I think it would also be a great style for kids. 

Back of woman's Senegalese hairstyle (photo courtesy of Flickr- John Atherton (gbaku) under the CC-BY-SA-2.0)

front view of African woman wearing Senegalese Twists (photo courtesy of Flickr- John Atherton (gbaku) under the CC-BY-SA 2.0)

Would you rock this hairstyle?

Don't forget to enter the 1BlessedNatural Fall Giveaway! Visit the Ruthie's Greetings Etsy shop!


Related Articles:  
                         1BlessedNatural Fridays: Traditional Eritrean Hairstyles
                         1BlessedNatural Spotlight: 1940s African Photo of Threading
                        Aborgines and Melanesians: Naturally Blonde Hair and Dark Skin
                        Asian Hair Trend: Afro Perms
                        1BlessedNatural Spotlight: Connected Thread, African Puff Hairstyles

Comments