My Verdict on Yogurt Conditioning for Natural Hair


I have been hearing a lot of things about using yogurt as a conditioner. Because it contains protein, it can be good for your hair. Many people create hair masks using yogurt recipes that contain other ingredients like honey and eggs. I decided (at the last minute) to use yogurt on my hair, after washing my hair and applying the Suave Tropical Conditioner to my medium-sized twists.



I took handfuls and smoothed my hands down my twists. Then I put on a conditioning cap and sat under the heating cap for 15-20 minutes. Afterwards, I rinsed the conditioner yogurt out of my hair. My hair came out really soft and manageable.  If you are planning to try using yogurt the same way I did, be sure to use a t-shirt and squeeze most of the water out of your hair before applying the yogurt. If you don't, yucky yogurt water will be drip down the sides of your face, lol. Also, make sure you use the unsweetened, plain white yogurt. Next time, I'm going to try Greek yogurt because it's richer in protein, than plain yogurt. I love the idea of using yogurt as a conditioner because it is good and inexpensive.




Have you tried using yogurt as a conditioner?

Comments