Hair Update: Tea Tree Oil Treatment and Cleansing


If you saw my last post, then you saw the length check of the back of my hair. I've finally found a hair regimen that works for my hair. I learned so many new things about my hair, and I'm still learning :-)

 Castile Soap & Tea Tree Oil

You all may know I don't like to use shampoo often to cleanse my hair. I like to use my Castile Soap mixture. Recently, I've added Tea Tree Oil to the soap to treat dandruff. I originally discussed using the oil nightly, but I have not adjusted to the smell of 100% pure Tea Tree Oil. As a result, I've opted to use it in my cleanser when I wash my hair every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. I apply the Castile soap mixture (with Tea Tree Oil) to my hair and let it sit for about 3-5 minutes, then I rinse it out. My scalp has been a lot cleaner. 

This past week, I decided to shampoo my hair for the first time in 1-2 months. My hair was really dry. Since I have been moisturizing and sealing my hair every night, my hair has been healthy and moisturized. As a result, I could see the difference right away, after shampooing. It's been about 4 days since I shampooed, and the moisture hasn't been fully restored to my strands. My hair should be fine by the middle of the week.

Coming Soon...

I have read many natural hair articles that advise against daily hair manipulation to promote retentionI will speak on this from my experience soon. 

Do you shampoo or cleanse your hair? Also, do you use Tea Tree Oil?


Comments

  1. I don't use tea tree oil, unless a recipe calls for a bit of it. I do not use shampoo or soap of any kind anymore nor do I co-wash, though I have done it before. I may be the only natural on the planet who hates co-washing. Oh well. I prefer to cleanse my hair with a rhassoul based mixture. It does the trick for me.

    Glad you found something that you like for your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JW! Yes, me and co-washing did not get along in the beginning either lol. The rhassoul based mixture sounds interesting. I'm going to have to check out your blog posts on it, again. When it comes to cleansing my hair, I love a good lather though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope you've enjoyed reading my post :-) I would love to hear from you... Let me know what you thought :-)