Natural Hair Product Review: Avalon Organics Strengthening Peppermint



Product: Avalon Organics Strengthening Peppermint

Place: Whole Foods

Price: around $8.00

First Five Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Aqua (Water), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Sorbitol...

I usually don't like to do shampoo reviews, but I got this one by mistake. So, I figured, "Why not?"
Lately, I have been interested in using Peppermint Oil products. Even though I didn't intend to buy this shampoo, I actually enjoy the peppermint fragrance. The Peppermint ingredient was located further down, on the list of ingredients. If you are going to use this product and want to get the most for your money, use it sparingly. Wash your hair in 4 sections; use about 2 quarter sizes for each section. I tend to be heavy handed with products, but that is changing :-) This product does contain Sodium Coco-Sulfate vs. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, but it doesn't leave my hair dried out like most sulfate(Sodium Lauryl shampoos). There is still some debate on whether one sulfate is harsher than the other. I would still suggest that you pre-poo your hair and deep condition it after using this (or any other sulfate shampoo) to restore/ maintain the moisture in your hair.

... for me it's easier to work with my hair in 4 sections

Claims: "Peppermint Essential oil, Babassu Oil, Aloe and Vitamins strengthen elasticity of week, brittle hair while soothing split ends and fly-aways for radiantly renewed bounce and length.
"Contains 70% Organic Content  SAFE, EFFECTIVE, CERTIFIED, NATURAL HAIR CARE WITHOUT SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES, PHTHALATES, HARSH SULFATES OR PARABENS."
 

Bonus: The label on the bottle says that it is made with 100 recycled material. 


Have you tried this shampoo or any other organic shampoo?



Comments