1BlessedNatural Experience: Lessons of Faith from a Roller Coaster




If you know me, then you know that I do not ride roller coasters. I don't even like the "baby" ones lol. I am not a fan of height, so I'm not going to put myself in a place where I will be suspended in mid-air just for fun.   When my brother asked me to ride the Superman ride at Six Flags Great Adventure, you can guess the answer that I gave him. However, 10 minutes later I found myself standing in the line of over 100 people, waiting to get on the Superman ride.  I could not believe that I had let my brother talk me into riding it.

There I stood in this line staring into faces of smiling folks that seemed too happy to experience their near death experience via a metal contraption. My brother said that the ride was not a big deal. But, this is coming from someone who adores roller coasters, of course. We stood there and watched several people fill the ride's seats and take off into the loops in the sky. My niece and her friends were the first to get on the ride. Also, I must mention that you lye down during the ride. After the safety apparatus is fastened you are turned over on your stomach in a flying position and the floor underneath you drops. Fun times! LOL. When the safety apparatus fastened (remotely by the operator), I was ready to jump out of my seat. But, I said a little prayer and we took off. On our way up the first hill, I told my brother that he would have to talk to me during the ride. He said he was Batman and I was Batgirl (wrong characters) lol. Then we dropped. I must tell you that I trusted my brother of course but, my faith was in the Lord. As we flew through the sky, my brother kept telling me to put my arms out like Superman lol. That was not happening. I told my brother that I was only riding the ride because I loved him! I don't think the wind has ever whipped through my fro the way it did when we were on that ride lol.

When we reached the end of the ride, I was excited! I couldn't believe that I'd done it. I felt a great sense of accomplishment. I was more thankful to the Lord for the experience and survival status :-) I was thankful to my brother for pushing me.

Although I will not be riding one for another long time, I am appreciative of the experience and lesson.
My experience on the roller coaster represents our experiences in life. Sometimes, we just have to take a risk and trust that the Lord will take care of us during the ride. Fear can stop us from experiencing many great things in life. But our faith in the Lord can help us overcome fear. We may not know the exact plan, but rest assured that He has us. Our experiences may take us through loops and turn us upside down, but by Him we will come out better than we were before :-)


 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind"- 2 Timothy 1:7

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phillipans 4:6-7

I am interested in reading your experiences of overcoming your fears. Please share :-)

Comments

  1. I love roller coasters! They are so much fun, but the hubby doesn't. When he does get on a ride we hold hands and he squeezes my fingers to the point of pain. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope you've enjoyed reading my post :-) I would love to hear from you... Let me know what you thought :-)