My Big Chop!

If you read my last post, you could tell that I was thinking about doing my big chop.
After work, I pulled out the scissors and started cutting my hair. I did not call anyone
because I was afraid that they would try to talk me out of it. I was all ready with my butterfly clips to section my hair off and everything lol. I co-washed my hair with Vo5. But then, I started having second thoughts lol. I was like,"Oh my goodness, what if I don't look right?" Something inside of me said "So what!", and I started to forget about the sections. I figured if I started cutting in the front, then I couldn't turn back. So I kept going. It felt sooo good to know that I could let go of something that people often emphasize as being an important part of your being. "I am not my hair"- India. Arie
I am a new natural!!! It feels great.

My Big Chop is done!
Here are my curls after the big chop. I had applied the Creme of Nature Leave-In-Conditioner.
After I finished the big chop, I washed it with the Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo. I sat under the heating cap after applying the Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise. Lastly, I applied the Creme of Nature  Leave-In- Conditioner (Lemongrass & Rosemary) My hair was very curly and dry. I re-wet my hair and  moisturized it with Shea Butter mixed with Castor Oil all through my hair. Then I used the Hollywood Olive Oil to seal in the moisture. I am still in shock. I cannot believe that I cut all of my hair off lol. But God is good. I am glad that I did :-) I will be posting more pictures as I dress my new haircut up a bit.

                                                                                                  God is good :-)
                                                                                                 Until Next Time....
                                                                                                 Signed,
                                                                                                 1BlessedNatural

Happy 5th Birthday in heaven Grandma :-)

Comments

  1. Congratulations... the journey is so amazing!!! Have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on Robyn's Nest's comment!

    Learning about your hair, what works for it, and what doesn't, will make the journey much more enjoyable. I love my natural hair now! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Robyn, It sure is! Thank you!
    @Savy Beautiful, that is sooo true! Me too. I can't keep my hands out of my hair lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaay! WELCOME AND CONGRATS!
    I did my own big chop as well, and I didn't section either, and I started in the front. As I was cutting, I was in disbelief and sheer shock but after coming to terms with it myself in my own mind; I knew I was happy with it and didn't regret my decision.
    It looks GREAT on you by the way. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dejah, me too! Thank you! I love your hair also!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope you've enjoyed reading my post :-) I would love to hear from you... Let me know what you thought :-)