Detangling Your Transitioning Hair

This is my hair after a wash/ co-wash. It looks tough, but not
so bad with a little  patience :-)
.
I use a wide-tooth comb to detangle my hair. It is best to only detangle your natural hair/transitioning hair when it is wet. This is to ensure that there is little to no breakage.



Braid-Out: In this pic, I created two sections where my bang would be, 2 on the side, and 5 in the back
*Disclaimer: This post was written in 2011 when I was transitioning from relaxed to natural hair.You don't have to use all of the products I used, but the below methods are what worked for me at that time. 

Here is how I detangle my hair
& braid-out
1. Use a wide-tooth comb to part your hair into 6 or 7 sections
2. Start with one section in the front, and comb your hair beginning at the
tips and work your way up to the roots.
3. I usually add my Shea Butter mixed with Castor Oil. I put a finger full in my hands,
and rub them together. Apply the mixture to the outside of your section and
then massage it through your scalp and hair (focusing on your ends). 
4. Apply a small amount of Softee Coconut Hair and Scalp Conditioner to your
Scalp and on your hair.
5. Apply a small amount of Hawiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker throughout
the section that you are working on.
6. Braid the section in a single braid
7. Roll the end of the braid around your finger, and continue to roll the
braid up to your scalp.
8. Secure with a hair pin.
9. Let your hair air dry.
I will soon post a picture of my results.
Stay tuned!
Thanks for visiting :-)

~1BlessedNatural~



Comments